Are you anxious about your canine affected by separation nervousness while you return to work? After a yr of a lot togetherness, hundreds of thousands of canines are anticipated to be affected by separation nervousness when companies and faculties absolutely reopen and pet mother and father return to a pre-pandemic schedule. DOGTV carried out a survey of over 1,000 canine mother and father throughout America. What they discovered was gorgeous:
- 58% of canines are at the moment displaying signs of separation nervousness when mother and father put together to go away the house.
- 45% show signs of separation nervousness when left dwelling alone.
- Yet, 62% of pet mother and father are usually not doing something to arrange their pets for extra alone time.
- Pandemic pups have been 20% extra prone to have separation nervousness when left dwelling alone, in comparison with canines adopted earlier than the pandemic.
- 65% of canine mother and father aren’t at the moment snug leaving their pup dwelling alone at some point of an eight-hour workday. Only 14% really feel able to let Fido be alone for greater than 9 hours.
Your Dog’s New Normal
We have been excited to see that there’s a free occasion deliberate to deal with this drawback. DOGTV is internet hosting a free digital occasion convening the world’s main pet behavioral therapists, veterinarians, trainers and pet service suppliers. Your Dog’s New Normal will air Saturday, June twelfth at 4 PM ET. A preview of the occasion is accessible here.
Hosted by celeb pet professional Harrison Forbes, Your Dog’s New Normal will characteristic “canine talks” by a strong lineup of consultants together with:
- world famend canine coach Victoria Stilwell
- celeb canine coach Laura Nativo
- famend veterinarians Dr. Marty Becker
- Dr. Courtney Campbell
- veterinary behaviorist Dr. Nicholas Dodman
- Certified Dog Trainer and Animal Behavior Specialist Mikkel Becker
- and dozens extra
Topics will assist pet mother and father higher perceive the problem of separation nervousness by educating them all the things from how one can acknowledge the indicators, to coaching ideas and methods to deal with the problem shifting ahead.
There may even be appearances by pup loving celebrities together with Jane Lynch, Scott Hamilton, Emmylou Harris, Skip Bayless, Renée Felice Smith and extra. The full record of audio system is accessible here.
“While canines cherished this previous yr spending limitless hours with their people, the pandemic has left them weak to creating a worry of being dwelling alone,” says Gilad Neumann, CEO of DOGTV. “We wish to do all the things we are able to to make sure pets keep snug at dwelling when their mother and father are gone. I’m excited to supply pet mother and father a possibility to listen to from high animal consultants to allow them to discover ways to determine the indicators of hysteria and finally stop separation nervousness of their canines.”
Your Dog’s New Normal can be hosted on DOGTV, which could be considered by means of streaming, cable, or on-line, and doesn’t require a DOGTV subscription to attend. DOGTV is partnering with the North Shore Animal League to boost consciousness round separation nervousness in canines. From now till the top of the yr, DOGTV will donate $10 to the North Shore Animal League for each new subscription that makes use of the code NEWNORMAL throughout sign-up.
How to Watch the Free Virtual Event
For extra info and to join the free Your Dog’s New Normal occasion, go to dogtv.com.