In order for pets to go away the Hawaii airport, there’s a multi-step technique of exhibiting proof of two rabies vaccinations and passing an OIE-FAVN (Fluorescent Antibody Virus Neutralization) blood take a look at measuring the response of the immune system to the rabies vaccine, after a 30 day ready interval. Then, you should meet particular island necessities.
Following the state’s guidelines ensures your pet received’t get caught on the Hawaii Animal Quarantine Station.
When ought to I begin planning my journey to Hawaii with my canine?
Plan early, months prematurely, for Hawaii’s tight vaccine necessities, lengthy earlier than flight time, in response to Hawaii’s Department of Agriculture (HDOA), Animal Quarantine Station division. Notify your vet as quickly as doable to schedule your canine’s appointments throughout the suitable time frame (see beneath) earlier than your journey.
Review the pre-flight guidelines earlier than you and your canine journey to Hawaii
A sequence of steps should be taken for a canine to be launched from the airport by way of the Hawaii Direct Airport Release. To begin, observe this vaccine checklist, which directs you to the proper set of necessities based mostly in your closing island vacation spot.
Items on the guidelines embody:
- Working microchip required
- 30-day minimal ready interval after final rabies vaccine
- 30-day minimal ready interval after FAVN blood pattern has been obtained at lab
- FAVN report should be obtained on the Animal Quarantine Station earlier than arrival
- Accredited vet should full a well being certificates inside 10 days of your journey and administer flea and tick treatment earlier than flight
- Complete HDOA Dog/Cat Release Form
- Pay DAR charges — $185 in Honolulu; $165 for neighbor island allow
There are extra types and necessities based mostly in your island vacation spot.
Specific Hawaiian island necessities for canine
Your island vacation spot and your size of keep change journey necessities:
- Travel to Honolulu, observe Checklist #1
- Traveling on to Kauai, Maui or Kona, observe Checklist #2 — Requires prior preparations with an permitted vet to fulfill you on the airport at your expense
- Travel to Kauai, Maui or Kona requires a Neighbor Island Import Permit (NIIP) — requested at the very least 30 days prematurely of arrival
Will my canine be quarantined in Hawaii?
“If they don’t full all the necessities within the required timeframe, the canine is not going to be launched and might be held in quarantine in Hawaii or returned to the purpose of origin on the proprietor’s expense,” in response to HDOA.
Hawaii animal quarantine data:
- Cost for 120-day quarantine is $1,080.
- Owners in Kauai could select quarantine on the Kauai Humane Society at $100/day.
Kauai Humane Society created a video guide to bringing you dog to Kauai.
For questions in regards to the journey necessities along with your canine, contact Animal Quarantine Station at email@example.com or by telephone at (808) 483-7151
For all to get pleasure from paradise on arrival, observe HDOA’s vaccine and island necessities and plan early based mostly in your state of affairs.