You’ve determined to change your pet from shelf-stable to contemporary meals – that’s nice! If we needed to guess, you too imagine that the way forward for pet meals appears to be like a bit one thing like this: recipes made with contemporary, entire elements which can be gently cooked with out preservatives, and are stored within the fridge the place meats belong. But what makes contemporary meals stand out from the remainder? It all comes right down to the constructive bodily and behavioral adjustments you’ll discover in your pet when you make the swap to contemporary, healthy dog food.
What adjustments can I
count on when my canine switches to contemporary meals?
When your canine says goodbye to kibble and howdy to contemporary recipes,
they’ll even be welcoming various adjustments to their well being and conduct,
- Better digestion: One of the largest
adjustments that include switching to contemporary meals is improved digestion.
Ingredients like fiber-rich spinach and inexperienced beans are simple in your canine’s
digestive system and assist maintain them ‘common’.
- Healthier coat and pores and skin: You’ll discover when switching to contemporary meals that your canine’s coat begins to develop a wholesome, shiny glow. This is due to the fatty acids present in whitefish and salmon, two common elements in our recipes which assist keep wholesome coats and comfortable pores and skin
- Better eyesight: You can also discover
that your canine has a extra eager sense of sight, due to elements like
carrots, that are an incredible supply of nutritional vitamins and minerals linked to supporting
eye well being.
- More vitality: The high-quality protein utilized in contemporary meals, equivalent to rooster, beef, bison, lamb, and turkey, is filled with amino acids. This helps your canine maintain their vitality ranges and keep lean, robust muscle mass.
What do I have to maintain
in thoughts when switching my canine to contemporary meals?
While there are quite a few advantages to switching your canine from kibble to contemporary meals, it does require a little bit of a mindset shift for house owners. The massive factor to remember is that serving contemporary meals, like Freshpet, is a four-step course of.
- Step 1: As quickly because the contemporary meals arrives in your house, it must be refrigerated – we advocate storing it in a US commonplace fridge temp of 35º-40º F for optimum freshness. Once opened, it could last as long as seven days within the fridge as long as it’s in an hermetic container. If wanted, it may be frozen however please learn these guidelines.
- Step 2: Measure the proper
quantity of meals per serving by reviewing the feeding pointers and slicing at
the packaging marks supplied
- Step 3: Once minimize, you’ll be able to slice
the contemporary meals into cubes or, relying in your pet’s desire, cube smaller
- Step 4: If your canine doesn’t
take pleasure in their meal chilly, you’ll be able to convey it to room temperature by letting it sit
for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than serving. We don’t advocate microwaving and uneaten
meals must be disposed of after one hour.
It could appear daunting at first, however earlier than you recognize it, these 4 steps to feeding the freshest, best dog food will turn out to be second nature.
How can I swap my canine from kibble to contemporary meals?
When making the swap from kibble to contemporary meals, the bottom line is to
take issues slowly. If you transition too shortly, it can lead to an upset
abdomen and digestive points, neither of which will likely be too enjoyable for you or your
Start by feeding each Freshpet and your pet’s present meals, and
enhance the quantity of Freshpet each few days, whereas lowering your pet’s present
meals. We advocate the next timeline:
- Days 1-3: ¼ contemporary meals, ¾ kibble
- Days 3-6: ½ contemporary meals, ½
- Days 7-10: ¾ contemporary meals,
- Days 11+: Completely
transition to contemporary meals
By day 11, your canine’s digestive system may have turn out to be used to
contemporary meals and also you’re free to say goodbye to kibble for good. If you continue to have
a few of your canine’s outdated meals left over, think about donating it to an area shelter
or rescue group. They are sometimes joyful to simply accept open packages of meals,
so long as they’re inside their best-before interval.
We hope that you just now have a greater understanding of what to
count on once you swap to feeding contemporary. If you will have another questions on
whether or not contemporary is true on your canine, communicate to your veterinarian. They’ll be
in a position to assist to search out one of the best sort of meals on your canine.