by Jessi Larson
There’s one thing a few US President and their canine that simply feels proper. At My Dog’s Name, that obtained us considering: What are some cool presidential canine names? And what are different cool political-themed names for a pup?
We searched excessive and low for names that greatest characterize the purple, white and blue, and created a enjoyable infographic with presidential canine names you would possibly take pleasure in.
Presidential Dog Names Infographic
Check out this infographic that includes some highlights from the presidential canine names. Feel free to share it or add it to your website, we simply ask that you just hyperlink again to My Dog’s Name!
All the President’s Dogs
(the last word record of presidential canine names)
Throughout the historical past of the United States, our nation’s commanders in chief have had canines. Some have had one, others had many.
What we will say for certain is that there have been dozens of canines within the White House. And this gives a number of nice presidential canine names you should utilize to your new pup.
Here’s a take a look at all of the presidential canine names, from George Washington as much as Joe Biden.
- Sweet Lips – American Staghound
- Scentwell – American Staghound
- Vulcan – American Staghound
- Drunkard – Black and Tan Coonhound
- Taster – Black and Tan Coonhound
- Tipler – Black and Tan Coonhound
- Tipsy – Black and Tan Coonhound
- Juno – breed unknown
- Satan – breed unknown
- Buzzy – Briard
- Buddy – Spaniel
- Le Beau – Italian Greyhound
- Seven miniature canines (names unknown)
- Lara – Newfoundland
- Punch – Toy Terrier
- Fido – yellow mutt
Ulysses S. Grant
- Faithful – Newfoundland
- Rosie – breed unknown
Rutherford B. Hayes
- Dot – Cocker Spaniel
- Hector – Newfoundland
- Duke – English Mastiff
- Grim – Greyhound
- Juno, Shep and Jet – breeds unknown
James A. Garfield
- Veto – breed unknown
- Name unknown – Poodle
- Dash – Collie
- Pete – Bull Terrier
- Skip – Rat Terrier
- Jack – Terriers
- Peter – Terriers
- Blackjack – Manchester Terrier
- Manchu – Pekingese
- Rollo – Saint Bernard
- Sailor Boy – Chesapeake Bay Retriever
- Gem – breed unknown
- Susan – breed unknown
William Howard Taft
- Caruso – breed unknown
- Davie – Airedale Terrier
- Mountain Boy – Greyhound
- Bruce – Bull Terrier
Warren G. Harding
- Laddie Boy – Airedale Terrier
- Old Boy – Bulldog
- Rob Roy – White Collies
- Prudence Prim – White Collies
- Peter Pan – Terrier
- Paul Pry – Airedale Terrier
- Calamity Jane – Shetland Sheepdog
- Tiny Tim – Chow Chow
- Blackberry – Chow Chow
- Ruby Rouch – Collie
- Boston Beans – Bulldog
- King Cole – German Shepherd
- Palo Alto – Bird canine
- Bessie – Collie
- King Tut – Belgian Shepherd
- Pat – German Shepherd
- Big Ben – Fox Terriers
- Sonnie – Fox Terriers
- Glen – Scotch Collie
- Yukonan – Eskimo canine
- Patrick – Irish Wolfhound
- Eaglehurst Gillette – Setter
- Weejie – Norwegian Elkhound
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Fala – Scottish Terrier
- Majora – German Shepherd
- Meggie – Scottish Terrier
- Winks – Llewellyn Setter
- Tiny – Old English Sheepdog
- President – Great Dane
- Blaze – Mastiff
Harry S. Truman
- Feller – Cocker Spaniel
- Mike – Irish Setter
Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Heidi – Weimaraner
John F. Kennedy
- Pushinka– a blended breed canine given as a present by the Russian premier. (Pushinka was the pet of Soviet house canine Strelka.)
- Shannon – Irish Cocker Spaniel
- Wolf – almost certainly Wolfhound and Schnauzer
- Clipper – German Shepherd
Lyndon B. Johnson
- Him – Beagle
- Her – Beagle
- Edgar – Beagle
- Blanco – White Collie
- Freckles – Beagle
- Yuki – blended breed
Richard M. Nixon
- Vicki – Poodle
- Pasha – Terrier
- King Timahoe – Irish Setter
- Checkers – Cocker Spaniel
- Liberty – Golden Retriever
- Misty – one in all Liberty’s puppies
- Grits – Border Collie
- Lewis Brown – Afghan Hound
- Lucky – Bouvier des Flandres
- Rex – Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Victory – Golden Retriever
- Peggy – Irish Setter
- Taca – Siberian Husky
- Fuzzy – Belgian sheepdog
George H. W. Bush
- Millie – Springer Spaniel
- Ranger – One of Millie’s puppies
- Buddy – Chocolate Labrador Retriever
George W. Bush
- Spot “Spotty” Fetcher – English Springer Spaniel
- Barney – Scottish Terrier
- Miss Beazley – Scottish Terrier
- Bo – Portuguese Water Dog
- Sunny – Portuguese Water Dog
- Champ – German Shepherd
- Major – German Shepherd
Overall, 33 out of 46 presidents have owned canines. That’s virtually three-quarters of all presidents!
If you’re excited by studying extra about presidential canines, one other enjoyable website to discover is Presidential Pet Museum. It’s enjoyable to see the inspiration behind all these presidential canine names.
Donald Trump’s Dogs
Presidential Dog Names
Switching gears a bit, right here’s one other nod to US politics: American presidents all through historical past. In reality, a few of these names are fairly fashionable with pet homeowners.
To date there’s been 43 presidents. But not all of those guys make for excellent canine names. Instead, we picked out essentially the most well-known and dog-name worthy.
- Washington – This man is the OG of US presidents. As the primary Command in Chief ever, he’s thought of one of many Founding Fathers of the United States.
- Lincoln – Abraham Lincoln goes down as top-of-the-line presidents in historical past, if not the highest. He preserved the union, shut down slavery and saved the financial system, amongst over issues.
- Roosevelt – This can stand for both Theodore Roosevelt, the twenty sixth president, or Franklin D. Roosevelt, the thirty second president.
- Teddy – The nickname for Theodore Roosevelt.
- Franklin – Representing Franklin D. Roosevelt. His center identify, Delano, additionally makes a enjoyable canine identify. Or you may name him FDR.
- Kennedy – John F. Kennedy is without doubt one of the most iconic presidents of recent time.
- Jefferson – Going approach again, Thomas Jefferson, the nation’s third president and a founding father, may also be thought of for a canine identify.
- Woodrow – Woodrow Wilson led the United States all through World War I.
- Clinton – We had so as to add Clinton to the record in honor of Hillary’s husband Bill, the forty second president.
- Carter – Jimmy Carter wasn’t the simplest president, however he’s now acknowledged for his social and diplomatic efforts post-presidency.
- George – This acknowledges a variety of presidents – George Washington, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush.
- Bush – Or, you may go together with the final identify of the latter two.
- Lyndon – Lyndon B. Johnson turned president following the assassination of JFK after which was elected to a different time period.
- Eisenhower – Dwight D. Eisenhower was a five-start basic who went on to turn out to be the thirty fourth president of the United States.
- Truman – Harry S. Truman presided over the top of World War II.
- Nixon – Who can neglect Richard Nixon, maybe greatest identified now for the Watergate scandal.
- Jackson – Going approach again in time as soon as extra, we’re including Andrew Jackson, president from 1829 to 1837, to the record.
And when you do need to look into the names of the presidents since 1789, here is a list. Because, hey, possibly James Ok. Polk is completely your model. No judgement right here – choose no matter presidential canine names float your boat!
Dog Names Inspired by Other Political Figures
It’s not simply presidents who’ve made their mark on United States politics. Many different people have made big contributions to our nation, and their names additionally present nice inspiration when naming your pup.
- Benjamin Franklin – One of the Founding Fathers of the United States, Benjamin Franklin made innumerable contributions to the event of our nation.
- Martha Washington – Use the total identify or simply go together with Martha. Either approach, it’s a cool tribute to the nation’s unique first woman.
- Jackie O – Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, or Jackie O for brief, was one of the vital iconic first girls in historical past. She embodied energy, model and class.
- MacArthur – Five-star basic Douglas MacArthur will go down as one of many best navy leaders in historical past.
- Patton – George S. Patton made his mark in World War I as the primary officer assigned to the brand new U.S. Army Tank Corps earlier than changing into one of the vital distinguished navy commanders in World War II.
- Condoleezza – As in Condoleezza Rice, the American political scientist and diplomat who served as secretary of state underneath George W. Bush.
- Michelle – A nod to Michelle Obama, the outgoing first woman.
- Eleanor – Another nice first woman, Eleanor Roosevelt was a famend diplomat and activist in her later years.
- Susan B. Anthony – An American social reformer and girls’s rights advocate, Susan B. Anthony performed a pivotal position within the girls’s suffrage motion.
- Dolley Madison – The spouse of James Madison, Dolley was famous for her social graces, which led to her changing into one of the vital fashionable first girls in historical past, even to at the present time.
Other Political Dog Name Ideas
The identify of presidents or their canines isn’t the one approach to go when you’re in search of political canine names. There are so many different concepts that characterize American politics and in addition make wonderful canine monikers. Take these for instance.
- D.C. – As within the nation’s capitol.
- Pres – All the cool youngsters are calling it Pres nowadays.
- Veep – The shortened time period for the vice chairman.
- Gov – Love the identify Gov, which could be an abbreviation of governor or authorities.
- Lefty – A enjoyable identify in case your political beliefs are left leaning.
- Righty – Or when you’re a conservative, Righty is extra prefer it.
- Senator – As in a member of the senate. (Yes, we’re being apparent.)
- Capitol – The constructing in Washington, D.C., utilized by the Congress of the U.S.
- Ballot – Where a voter makes their mark!
- Veto – As within the energy to reject payments handed by the legislature. Love this adorbs political canine identify.
- Pundit – This cute political canine identify is impressed by political commentators.
- Patriot – What higher approach to present your love of our nation than with this canine identify?
- Republic/Republica – Another enjoyable, distinctive patriotic canine identify.
- Justice – Our nation’s structure and legal guidelines are designed to offer justice for all.
- Freedom – The United States additionally stands for freedom, one other nice canine identify.
- Liberty – Last however not least is liberty, the independence from exterior rule and authorities management.
Looking for extra nice canine names? Try our dog names search!
Teach Your Dog Their Name